There are many misconceptions circulating about thefts. It is not at night, but during the day when 86% of robberies take place and a third in the presence of the inhabitants. 75% take place during the week and not on weekends. It is the main residences that are in the spotlight and the most frequent points of intrusion are the front door and French windows. The most sought after objects are computers, tablets, but also jewelry and bicycles. Let’s be vigilant!
Aluminum foil to prevent theft
It may sound strange, but a simple roll of aluminum foil can help keep you safe. When you leave home or go to bed, wrap aluminum foil around the outside door handle, being careful not to wrinkle it too much. This trick will let you know if someone has tried to break into your house. Indeed, you only have to look at the sheet to see if it has wrinkled, it will mean that someone has pressed the handle to try to enter your house. Also, if you are at home, the noise caused by the crumpling of the paper can alert you. Also, the mere sight of the paper in the handle can deter bullies, who generally prefer to give up if something seems suspicious or abnormal.
To reinforce the signal, especially at night, you can place a pot or cup on the inner handle, which will fall with a crash if an intruder activates the handle. A scenario worthy of the movie “Mom, I missed the plane”, but one that could defeat intrusion attempts. This technique is also very useful when sleeping in a hotel room.
Some tips to avoid a robbery
If you don’t have an alarm or video surveillance system, there are other simple and effective ways to protect yourself. Here are some deterrent tips to put into practice to feel safe:
- deter intruders : Do not leave anything in your garden or on your terrace that could suggest that you have interesting things to steal. Don’t hesitate to put up false signs indicating that your house is under surveillance. Keep your valuables, checkbook and cash in a safe.
- Securing your openings – Make sure your doors, windows and shutters or shutters are properly locked with quality locks. Don’t hide the key under the doormat or under a flower pot. Avoid sleeping with open windows, especially on the ground floor.
- have good lighting : the darkness makes the work of thieves easier, it gives them all the freedom to enter without being seen. That’s why it’s important to have a well-lit exterior. The ideal is the presence detector lamps, which turn on instantly if someone approaches. This is one of the best ways to ward off thieves and at a lower cost.
- block the way : It can be interesting to have things in your garden or in front of your openings that can make it difficult for criminals to pass through or even cause noise. For example, the chairs of a garden furniture or the dissuasive plantations of hawthorns.
- A good network of neighbors : Knowing your neighbors well and involving them in monitoring your home, especially when you go on vacation, is very important. When you travel, in addition to feeding the cat and watering the plants, ask him to pick up your mailbox, open the blinds and turn on the light to simulate a presence.
- Be careful with the social networks : You can’t help but share everything on Instagram or Facebook, but know that these platforms are a mine of information for bullies. They serve as a tracking tool and let you know which homes are unattended. Don’t say too much while you’re away and post your photos offline when you get back. Ditto for your answering machine!
So all you have to do is have the right reflexes to secure your home. But if you still can’t sleep peacefully, don’t hesitate to use all the new surveillance technologies like connected alarm systems, cameras and other highly efficient smart locks. . Your peace of mind is priceless.
Why do you have to flush a dishwasher tablet down the toilet once a month? The Crafty Housewives Magic Trick
Most people are increasingly avoiding chemicals that can become irritating both to the skin and when inhaled. Thus, there are daily products that are much less harmful and without direct contact with your skin that will eliminate dirt and bacteria from your toilet with the same efficiency.
Why should you use dishwasher tablets in the toilet?
At home, bathrooms get dirty quickly. In addition, it can happen that the drain pipe gets clogged from time to time, for example due to excess toilet paper.
To clean the toilets
Dishwasher tablets have a multitude of cleaning uses. Many of us use them to clean the washing machine, wash the oven or remove burns on the pan. It is worth having a pack of tablets at home even if you do not have a dishwasher as they are useful for cleaning multiple objects and surfaces. Throw a pill down the toilet and you will see the result.
A dishwasher tablet will help to deal with dirt and clogged toilets. It will perfectly replace toilet bowl detergent, but it will also unclog pipes. Simply flush 1 dishwasher tablet down the toilet bowl and wait 20-30 minutes.
The pill can be left in the toilet even overnight, the effect will be even better. After the product has dissolved, clean the inside of the toilet with a brush and rinse thoroughly with water. The toilet seat will then be clean. This trick is applied once a month to keep your bathrooms clean.
unclog the toilet
If there is an unpleasant smell in the toilet, and the water drains too slowly, you can use a dishwasher tablet not only as a household cleaner, but also as a cleaning agent.
You just need to put 1 dishwasher tablet in the toilet and pour 2 glasses of hot water over it. This method will not work if the toilet is completely clogged.
How to remove limescale from toilets with vinegar?
Like dirt, limescale can quickly build up in the toilet. However, what to do if the stains are persistent? This procedure is especially recommended when, despite all the efforts made, unsightly stains of a more or less strong yellow color form in the toilet.
- Clean dirt from surfaces with a brush, then rinse.
- Pour 1 liter of vinegar down the toilet
- Leave to act: approximately 1 hour for normal soiling; for the most stubborn dirt, at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Clean (with a brush) and then rinse.
Finally, you can also use the granules in another way. If trash cans give off bad odors, it’s important to clean them. You can fill them with hot water, add a dishwasher tablet so that it melts, leave it to act for a few hours and then empty and rinse everything.
The dishwasher tablet is versatile on household stains and can therefore be used in various areas of the house where stains and odors are persistent.
Why put chestnuts on the windowsill in winter? This will save you a “big” problem
Why do food spiders take refuge in our homes in winter?
One thing is certain: spiders have a bad reputation among humans. Most admit to being terrified of them, especially when they reveal themselves unexpectedly. And it is that they sneak in so fast that it is difficult to get rid of them. The downside to these little creatures is that they spin webs all over the house. It is not about using chemical repellents to eradicate them from your interior: in addition to bringing luck, their presence is very useful to keep your home healthy. On the other hand, you can discourage them from creating a web in your apartment. To avoid being fixed there, the method that we are going to reveal to you is very effective.
First of all, you should know that when the weather is cold and rainy, spiders immediately look for a warm and dry place to spend the winter. Its interior is thus the ideal environment for them to shelter. They usually sneak inside through windows and doors. Except that many people do not appreciate this forced cohabitation. In some, they even inspire paralyzing fear. Do you no longer want to waste time removing all those canvases that abound in every corner of the house? Instead of drastically getting rid of spiders, consider gently evicting them by opting for harmless solutions.
did you know They terrify and repel you, but spiders are essential to biodiversity. You should even thank them for continually sanitizing your yard and home. In fact, they are carnivores and large predators that hunt all the insects that bother them, such as mosquitoes, flies and cockroaches.
Chestnuts: a natural spider repellent
Therefore, it is not about killing them, but only about keeping them away from the house. Your secret weapon? Chestnut. As you know, it is always associated with autumn. Who does not like to taste some delicious hot chestnuts? Raw or cooked, this food is highly nutritious and is often found on our tables during cold weather. Its playful shape amuses the little ones and the older ones also benefit from it for various uses, such as cleaning, skin or hair care. But, among all its benefits, many people were unaware that chestnuts effectively repel spiders.
As a bonus, you don’t need to spend a single penny. A beautiful golden autumn invites you to walk and walk in the woods to recharge your batteries and breathe fresh air. Thus, during your walk, you will inevitably find a profusion of chestnuts here and there. You will kill two birds with one stone: they can be used to decorate your festive tables, they will also act as a cleaning product, but also as a very reliable repellent against spiders.
The secret is in its smell.
So just place some chestnuts on your windowsill to discourage spiders from becoming your roommate. In fact, it is the delicate aroma of these dried fruits that repels spiders. They immediately lose the desire to appear in the corners or on the walls of their apartment.
If you want to make this method even more optimal, you can use a toothpick or knife to make small holes in the chestnuts. This will allow the aromatic substances to be released more quickly. You can also use acorns whose even more intense smell will scare away spiders more quickly.
Good to know : aphids can’t stand the smell of chestnuts either. Why not take the opportunity to protect your indoor plants? Just spray them with cold water to which chestnut powder has been added. And you can calmly drive away these harmful parasites!
Can you see the two cats in this optical illusion in less than 10 seconds?
Can you see both cats in less than 10 seconds?
The image in front of you perfectly illustrates the optical illusion we are talking about. At first glance, the atmosphere seems very ordinary: it is a family calmly installed in the living room. Then we see a man reading the newspaper, his wife talking to him and his girl playing with dolls. But, in this black and white illustration, there are also animals that are there. Two cats more precisely. Except if you take a quick look, you probably won’t be able to tell them apart easily. You run the risk, in fact, of confusing them with the elements of the decoration.
However, you only have 10 seconds to try to spot them. More than enough time for anyone with sharp eyes. But too short a delay for those who find it difficult to concentrate and who do not pay attention to details. What camp do you think you’re in?
optical illusion solution
This image quickly went viral: you should know that if the first cat did not cause too many problems, 99% of the people analyzed definitely failed to detect the second cat in the imposed time. So what is the verdict? Did you find these two furballs without exceeding the regulation 10 seconds? If so, we highly congratulate you on your mental agility and remarkable visual acuity.
Look closely at the image again. Near the knight’s legs, what some took for a wooden object was indeed one of the two felines. And it was the animal that was the easiest to find. Because, despite all his efforts, most Internet users have not been able to find the second cat in the image. And for good reason, he’s hidden from the woman’s side: he’s sitting right on her lap, right on top of the white blanket that created the utter confusion. Since, unlike the other, this cat is all white. Therefore, it was very difficult to detect.
Find out where the two cats were hiding in the following image:
How to recognize an optical illusion?
It is important to note that there are different types of optical illusion, each offering different perceptions. By discovering their difference, you will be able to understand them better and understand their meaning.
- Literal optical illusion: this occurs when the mind receives visual information and perceives details that do not actually exist in the given image or context. In this case, what happens is that the eye and the brain focus on specific objects. Focusing on one part of the image, you may miss fine details and have a distorted perception of reality.
- Cognitive optical illusion: changes knowledge and assumptions about an object. This illusion arises when there is an interaction with beliefs and assumptions in the world, resulting in unconscious inferences.
- physiological optical illusion : This other type emphasizes the stimulation of the brain by excessive effects on the eyes, such as brightness, tilt, color, movement and other optical effects.
Well Being1 month ago
10 underrated healthy habits to free up energy and vitality
Family / Couple1 month ago
To have a satisfying sex life, you need to look at sex in this way
Health / Home1 month ago
3 zodiac signs that are most often betrayed by their partners: they have bad luck
Health / Home1 month ago
How to perfume the whole house with the tip of the bottle on the radiator?
Psychology & Diet1 month ago
Dyslexia: researchers identify more than 40 genes linked to this learning disability
Psychology & Diet1 month ago
Forcing yourself to smile can make you happier, science says
Well Being1 month ago
7 health benefits of doing Pilates
Psychology & Diet1 month ago
Why is it so important to taste the food?