Has your mobile phone been stolen or just misplaced? It is essential to block it so that no one can enter the mobile system and access your personal data. Fortunately, it is possible to block it through certain remotely installed free services and applications. So you can protect all the content of your Smartphone.
Both Android and iOS operating systems have a mechanism to restrict remote cell phone access. This is also possible from Samsung’s “Find My Mobile” platform, exclusively for devices of the South Korean brand. It is true that you will not have the security of recovering your smartphone, but at least you will protect your data. These are the steps to block a lost or stolen mobile.
Android devices can be blocked using the “Find My Device” system, which will also help you to know the location of the Smartphone in real time. This is the first thing you should do, immediately after seeing that your device is gone. You can locate it easily.
You must do the following:
- From a friend’s smartphone or your computer, enter “Find my device.”
- Add your Google login information.
- On the screen you will see the mobiles linked to your account.
- Click on the device you are interested in.
- If the mobile is connected to the Internet and GPS activated, you will know its position in real time. Otherwise, it will show as unavailable.
- On the left side of the screen you have the option to lock the device, tap on it.
- At the same time, you can take the opportunity to send a message to the person in possession of your mobile phone and leave the number where you can be reached.
You also have the option to sound an alarm at maximum volume to destabilize the thief. Eventually, you will be able to delete all the information stored on your mobile phone.
Now let’s see how to limit access to an iPhone or iPad that has been stolen:
- In the browser, navigate to “Find My iPhone”. You can also use the application to locate the mobile installed by default.
- Enter your iCloud details to sign in to your account.
- All devices affiliated with this data will appear.
- Check if your iPhone location can be tracked in real time.
- To lock your mobile, you need to click on “Lost Mode”. You can also send a message to the person who has the iPhone and leave a number where you can be reached.
- You will have the possibility to create a new password to access the mobile.
Good to know : Just like Android, with iOS devices you can also trigger an alarm remotely to scare away the thief. Finally, if you really have no hope of recovering your device, you can delete all the information stored in the remote memory.
read also How to unlock your mobile if you have forgotten the secret code?